Apps

 Thing 12 – Apps

I downloaded the Adult Support and Protection App onto my iPhone today and all I can say is wow!

The app itself is such a useful resource to have at your fingertips, the content is split into sections so you can navigate to your particular query quicky and easily which is so useful. The sections include;

My concerns (types of harm);

My Responsibilities;

Legislation;

FAQ;

Support.

Each of these categories feature sub sections which is useful for specific and quick access. When exploring the sections, explanations and definitions are not too lengthy or complicated, they are simple and easy to comprehend then they finish with an option for ‘Action to take if required’. Some of the sections even include links to specific contacts if needed. This is an amazing resource to have on hand for quick research without getting bogged down with endless information which may not be relevant.

The sections talk you through actions such as reporting so you can be fully informed and supported to carry it out correctly. They offer details for alternate or additional support options should you need them. They break down legislation into specific categories for easy research or confirmation of a query. What more can you ask for?

Using the app is as simple as clicking on each sub header for specific category research. There are many options for you to click on additional links to take you into further detail if needed. Accessibility is very easy, click on the app and select your topic.

The app is free to download and use and it does not require any personal information so you can be assured that it is secure and safe for use.

This app has the potential to be extremely useful for workers of the care sector. Although we complete annual eLearning training that covers these topics, having it to hand to refer to quicky and easily is a great advantage. There have been many times that I have faced a situation in my setting that has made me question whether it is appropriate, or whether a staff member is displaying misconduct etc, I have had to go away and search through company policies or seek advice to find the correct procedure or answer; this way I can search for it quickly and effectively and I have the option of exploring which action to take. This will make following correct policies and procedures, including whistle blowing, much easier than it is at the moment. I am looking forward to using it in my practice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Learning in the workplace.

Thing 15 - Video chat and webinars

Thing 17 - OER