The Cloud

  

The cloud has always been a bit of a mystery to me, I guess I was one of those people who just automatically envisioned an actual cloud in the sky bursting with all my phone data therefore allowed the logical part of my brain to just dismiss all thoughts of it. Now that I am better informed it makes sense. The cloud is pretty much just someone else’s hard drive that you rent for storage. I appreciate it is hugely advantageous to companies and it saves a tremendous amount of money for hard drives when you can use the internet to send your files to the cloud for storage so I can definitely appreciate its appeal to the bigger companies.

 

The cloud already supports my learning as I use it to store my open badges, to store information and research when I’m working on a new badge and to store certificates of learning and achievements that I might want to share with an employer one day. It could support my practice as I could use it to store digitalised information that I need regular access to such as service user’s life stories and care plans and this would save a lot of time spent looking the information up in the hand written folders. The world is slowly becoming digitalised anyway so the cloud is something that people might want to become familiar with sooner rather than later.

 

I think that our management team, staff nurses and admin team would benefit from using the cloud and I would highly recommend it. I also think that if we stored activity outcomes and recordings on the cloud, then we could make them easily accessible by relatives of our service users and therefore have a better source of communication than just our Facebook page. It could allow them to access the outcomes of the things that their relatives engage in and ho it benefits them and/or helps improve their abilities etc. I think having a shared cloud storage space where multiple settings could access our activity information would be greatly beneficial. To be able to share resources, findings and outcomes would benefit staff across the entire company as opposed to just within our setting.

 

If you are not familiar with the full extent of the cloud, then I would highly recommend you look into it and explore the potential benefits of using it within your setting.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Learning in the workplace.

Apps

Thing 15 - Video chat and webinars